New Xbow for 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Re: New Xbow for 2021

Post by flinthead »

It’s not about the Anti’s for me, they are who they are. I’m also not saying there couldn’t be an application for the new bow from time to time... but... there has to be a ceiling, of some kind, that we apply to what can be included as a bow for a designated archery season. It’s purpose is for limited take.
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

I'll stick with my Equinox,,,
plain and simple :P

Dave :)
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

janesy wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:48 pm
This is an arrow makers dream!

"The crossbow of claim 12 wherein the trigger mechanism is arranged so that a single trigger actuator acts as both of the upper and lower trigger actuators, or the upper and lower trigger actuator are coupled together to act as a single trigger actuator, and further arranged so as to enable only one of (i) release of both upper and lower bowstrings together in response to a single actuation of the single trigger actuator, (ii) release of the upper and lower bowstrings sequentially in response to a single actuation of the single trigger actuator, or (iii) release of the upper and lower bowstrings sequentially in response to two sequential actuations of the single trigger actuator."
Well, God Bless you Janesy, that was a mouth full. LMAO Not sure whether to kissed ya or report ya. :wtf: :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

agingcrossbower wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:48 pm
This is an arrow makers dream!

"The crossbow of claim 12 wherein the trigger mechanism is arranged so that a single trigger actuator acts as both of the upper and lower trigger actuators, or the upper and lower trigger actuator are coupled together to act as a single trigger actuator, and further arranged so as to enable only one of (i) release of both upper and lower bowstrings together in response to a single actuation of the single trigger actuator, (ii) release of the upper and lower bowstrings sequentially in response to a single actuation of the single trigger actuator, or (iii) release of the upper and lower bowstrings sequentially in response to two sequential actuations of the single trigger actuator."
Well, God Bless you Janesy, that was a mouth full. LMAO Not sure whether to kissed ya or report ya. :wtf: :thumbup:
I copied and pasted it from the Patent. Cant take credit, someone else wrote the poem.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Don if there’s a BooFest this year will you have your bow by then so we can all shoot it :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

mr meat wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 pm
Don if there’s a BooFest this year will you have your bow by then so we can all shoot it :lol:
Wes, you know he will!!!😂😂😂😂
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

I am interested in buying my first crossbow in the next month or two. I've been waiting to see what's new for 2021 & allowing time for Excalibur dealers to get restocked.

From what's been shared in this thread, I don't see myself being pulled from the Mag 340 & Bulldog 330 being at the top of my list. In all honesty, I may look at a few Wicked Ridge crossbows, too. Like I said, I am really new to this.

My concern is that I may not be able to compare (side-by-side) a Mag 340 to a Bulldog 330. I suspect I may like the smaller size of the Mag 340, but the Bulldog 330 may be easier to cock & shoot a little smoother? I am just speculating on this. If the Bulldog 330 (or Mag 340) is dropped from the 2021 Excalibur line up, my decision may be made for me. I sort believe the Mag 340 will still be offered. I am not really interested in paying extra a for TD model either. Most of my hunting is done in my own backyard yard. I am blessed to own some nice hunting property. There's lots of things to spend money on (treestands, climbing sticks, blinds, targets, decoys, ATV, ), but a person can do all this over time.

A double barrel (rail) crossbow wouldn't interest me in the least (even if it was the cheapest crossbow in the line up). I like simple! A more complicated crossbow sounds heavy, expensive, less reliable, & a bit overwhelming to someone new to all this. Plus, it may not be legal in some states for hunting?

Just because Chevy makes a Corvette doesn't mean everyone has to buy one either. The same thing can apply to most everything in life. Some may be really intrigued by a totally different & new Excalibur crossbow, & there's nothing wrong with that, too!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Driftless hunter wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:34 pm
I am interested in buying my first crossbow in the next month or two. I've been waiting to see what's new for 2021 & allowing time for Excalibur dealers to get restocked.

From what's been shared in this thread, I don't see myself being pulled from the Mag 340 & Bulldog 330 being at the top of my list. In all honesty, I may look at a few Wicked Ridge crossbows, too. Like I said, I am really new to this.

My concern is that I may not be able to compare (side-by-side) a Mag 340 to a Bulldog 330. I suspect I may like the smaller size of the Mag 340, but the Bulldog 330 may be easier to cock & shoot a little smoother? I am just speculating on this. If the Bulldog 330 (or Mag 340) is dropped from the 2021 Excalibur line up, my decision may be made for me. I sort believe the Mag 340 will still be offered. I am not really interested in paying extra a for TD model either. Most of my hunting is done in my own backyard yard. I am blessed to own some nice hunting property. There's lots of things to spend money on (treestands, climbing sticks, blinds, targets, decoys, ATV, ), but a person can do all this over time.

A double barrel (rail) crossbow wouldn't interest me in the least (even if it was the cheapest crossbow in the line up). I like simple! A more complicated crossbow sounds heavy, expensive, less reliable, & a bit overwhelming to someone new to all this. Plus, it may not be legal in some states for hunting?

Just because Chevy makes a Corvette doesn't mean everyone has to buy one either. The same thing can apply to most everything in life. Some may be really intrigued by a totally different & new Excalibur crossbow, & there's nothing wrong with that, too!
Totally understood
and well said :thumbup:

Dave :)
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Your farm your chicken! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Driftless hunter wrote:

Here! Here!! Give than man a cigar!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I use to be one of those guys that the faster a bullet flew, the MORE I HAD to have it!!! :wink: It had to be magical on impact. But It was a trade-off. Barrel wear, recoil, muzzle blast, tough on scope mounts and tough on scopes too, and in some instances, the bullets blowing up on impact with said target, and NOT doing what it was supposed to do.
I think bows are a lot like that. There comes a point where speed and accuracy are effected. Wear and stress become a factor on parts. I don't own one of the older model bows from Excal but I have a buddy that has an old Vixen. Sweet bow, super accurate, easy to cock and really just a pleasure to shoot. And NEVER an issue with it!! NEVER!! :eusa-think:
If I ever find one for a good price, I'll buy me one. :lol:

With all the gimmicks on today's crossbows, it's a sellers market, not a buyer's. It seems the majority of us are told we need "the next big thing"!! We've been duped by sales ads that tell us " what we have is insufficient". What other reason can you justify spending $2500 on a bow when a $700 bow will do the same thing? :thumbdown:
I like SIMPLE...That's why I bought my first Excalibur. :thumbup:

I see older Excalibur model bows for sale around me every once in a while. Most people want more for THEM than the new ones out there!! :wtf:
Must be something to the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just the rambling thoughts of an Old Redneck from deep within the heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :mrgreen:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 am
Ya know...I grew up in a town of less than 1000 people. My High School class only had 32 kids in it. I grew up on a 269 acre farm in the East Texas Piney Woods. I can honestly say, to this very day, I have personally "Never Farmed a Chicken"!! :wtf:

Now... I knew this kid in school that....but wait...that's another story for another time!! :lol: :eusa-snooty: :lol: !
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:16 am
xcaliber wrote:
Ya know...I grew up in a town of less than 1000 people. My High School class only had 32 kids in it. I grew up on a 269 acre farm in the East Texas Piney Woods. I can honestly say, to this very day, I have personally "Never Farmed a Chicken"!! :wtf:

Now... I knew this kid in school that....but wait...that's another story for another time!! :lol: :eusa-snooty: :lol: !
We have a few out here in Mill Town Indiana. Basically means "none of my business". There are a couple nastier phrases that just have no place here even though they are as funny as a politicians budget. :wtf:
:lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:16 am
xcaliber wrote:

I think you mean, you know a guy who knows a guy.🤣🤣🤫
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:06 am
Driftless hunter wrote:

Here! Here!! Give than man a cigar!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I use to be one of those guys that the faster a bullet flew, the MORE I HAD to have it!!! :wink: It had to be magical on impact. But It was a trade-off. Barrel wear, recoil, muzzle blast, tough on scope mounts and tough on scopes too, and in some instances, the bullets blowing up on impact with said target, and NOT doing what it was supposed to do.
I think bows are a lot like that. There comes a point where speed and accuracy are effected. Wear and stress become a factor on parts. I don't own one of the older model bows from Excal but I have a buddy that has an old Vixen. Sweet bow, super accurate, easy to cock and really just a pleasure to shoot. And NEVER an issue with it!! NEVER!! :eusa-think:
If I ever find one for a good price, I'll buy me one. :lol:

With all the gimmicks on today's crossbows, it's a sellers market, not a buyer's. It seems the majority of us are told we need "the next big thing"!! We've been duped by sales ads that tell us " what we have is insufficient". What other reason can you justify spending $2500 on a bow when a $700 bow will do the same thing? :thumbdown:
I like SIMPLE...That's why I bought my first Excalibur. :thumbup:

I see older Excalibur model bows for sale around me every once in a while. Most people want more for THEM than the new ones out there!! :wtf:
Must be something to the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just the rambling thoughts of an Old Redneck from deep within the heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :mrgreen:
AJ
If it ain't broke don't fix it :clap:
you think like me , well said :thumbup:

Dave :eusa-popcorn:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads