Speaking of new X-bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Speaking of new X-bows

Post by UPSMAN »

Since the latest discussion has been about the new twin strike crossbow,I thought I'd get everyone's opinion on the new Lancehead F1 crossbow. I'm sure you can Google it or go to Youtube. Let me know what you think.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Normous

Re: Speaking of new X-bows

Post by Normous »

Lance what :eusa-naughty: :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Normous wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:39 pm
Lance what :eusa-naughty: :lol:
I'm sure it's not as good as a Scorpyd. :eusa-naughty: It is however quite an ingenious concept.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Normous

Post by Normous »

Dennis, joking aside, I have lost count how many times I've misjudged limb clearance and hit a tree with the limb or cam only to cuss myself out rather severely. The deer simply got educated that day and hurried off tail up.

The Lanceheads very narrow limbless frame certainly is a good selling feature especially shooting around trees the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If we are just talking about cool looking crossbows.... take a look at Gearhead Crossbow. Never seen one in person but so cool looking that drool.😂😂
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

my first thought when i saw the gearhead..
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Actually there are no "new" crossbows. Just a revamping if you will of a very old instrument. :eusa-think:

Most historians will tell you according to scientific finds that the crossbow may date back to around 400 BCE, first made in Central Asia. A few speculate that number can be pushed back to 2000 BCE due to finding pieces of bone and shell that look like they "may have been used as a trigger mechanisms" for a crossbow type of weapon. :wtf:
The English, well known for their crossbow endeavors really didn't start using the crossbow as a mainstay weapon until the Norman Invasion of 1066.
The last account of crossbows used on a battlefield was the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-95.

Multiple shot crossbows are not "new technology" either. :eusa-snooty:

In and around the 4th century the Japanese military had multiple shot crossbows mounted on 3 wheeled carts that they would use at siege locations.
These crossbows shot "arrows" that were up to 10 feet long!! :wtf:
In the State of Chu dating back to the 4th century multiple shot arm held crossbows have been found in the tomb of warriors. :eusa-think:

So... as Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes "there is nothing new under the sun". :thumbup:

Just something to mull over during a cold winter's day!! :lol:

From Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :thumbup:
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:13 am
If we are just talking about cool looking crossbows.... take a look at Gearhead Crossbow. Never seen one in person but so cool looking that drool.😂😂
We saw them last year, pretty cool. Certainly had the visual wow factor
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Id love to have one
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:15 am
Actually there are no "new" crossbows. Just a revamping if you will of a very old instrument. :eusa-think:

Most historians will tell you according to scientific finds that the crossbow may date back to around 400 BCE, first made in Central Asia. A few speculate that number can be pushed back to 2000 BCE due to finding pieces of bone and shell that look like they "may have been used as a trigger mechanisms" for a crossbow type of weapon. :wtf:
The English, well known for their crossbow endeavors really didn't start using the crossbow as a mainstay weapon until the Norman Invasion of 1066.
The last account of crossbows used on a battlefield was the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-95.

Multiple shot crossbows are not "new technology" either. :eusa-snooty:

In and around the 4th century the Japanese military had multiple shot crossbows mounted on 3 wheeled carts that they would use at siege locations.
These crossbows shot "arrows" that were up to 10 feet long!! :wtf:
In the State of Chu dating back to the 4th century multiple shot arm held crossbows have been found in the tomb of warriors. :eusa-think:

So... as Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes "there is nothing new under the sun". :thumbup:

Just something to mull over during a cold winter's day!! :lol:

From Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :thumbup:
AJ
Lots of ways from point A to point B :)
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I shot a Gearhead crossbow at the MN Deer Classic many years ago, wish I could remember but it was probably 8-10 years ago. Super lightweight, quiet, and smooth. It was also super expensive at the time. Looks like they have kept the design the same since then. It was so many years ago that their specs then were near the front of the crossbow pack, but can't be said by today's standards other than being light weight. They certainly have the brainpower at that company thought to design something near the front of the pack, if they chose to.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360