Excalibur 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Excalibur 2021

Post by ComfyBear »

Lately I've seen an increase in the amount of posts on FB complaining of limb failures. It's got to the point where folks are advocating using arrows in excess of 500gr. to try to avert the failures. By doing so, the advertised speeds are not being achieved. Therefore before Excalibur loses market share, they should reconsider the speed wars, and concentrate on producing crossbows which consumers see as reliable and will have confidence purchasing. According to what I've read, there seems to be a growing desire to return to the "tried and proven" wider limb crossbows.
Just some food for thought.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:30 am
I would want an ultra short, ultra light, ultra compact Micro AXE based bow, in bulldog platform, with an ACP trigger as standard with a matte no gloss, no Camo, OD green finish. If I was picky, I would also ask for rubber dipped parts that matter, and an OD Green string too. That would probably be the last bow I buy for a while, because it would be perfect.

I would call it the Temagami Edition.

I would want it to look something like this...

Man that's a nice build!
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
KOTKLEGG

Post by KOTKLEGG »

I would like to see a Bulldog 400 TD!! I have the Bulldog 400, and it’s been an incredible hunting crossbow and has never given me any trouble at all! If that bow came in a takedown version it would be “Bad to the bone!” I’m not real sure about the beefed up micro limbs. Has anyone had any problems with those limbs splitting or cracking? I know they make the 400 TD which is basically a Bulldog 400 TD, so Excalibur may have already answered my prayer!!
curious

Post by curious »

wheelsquad wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 pm
janesy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:03 pm
Limbs and strings are going to break. They are the functioning items on the bow. Nothing else left to break.
Don't loose any sleep, your 308 will be just fine.
Oh I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it. Took it out tonight didn't give it a second thought. Shot a doe hour and a half before dark, blew right through her.

https://youtu.be/zrSOCCzaTrs

But I'm going to take it apart after hunting a bunch this upcoming weekend still. From what I can see without taking the limbs out, I don't have going on what BigBowMan just found on his. But it's easy to do so I'm going to see how mine is.

I'm still 100% on board with the micro's. Building up another from parts as we speak. And yes strings and limbs are a wear item that eventually need replacing with enough shooting... But risers cutting into limbs during assembly, now that is something that shouldn't happen other than an incredibly rare occurrence.
Nice shot Tyler 👌
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:01 pm
Lately I've seen an increase in the amount of posts on FB complaining of limb failures. It's got to the point where folks are advocating using arrows in excess of 500gr. to try to avert the failures. By doing so, the advertised speeds are not being achieved. Therefore before Excalibur loses market share, they should reconsider the speed wars, and concentrate on producing crossbows which consumers see as reliable and will have confidence purchasing. According to what I've read, there seems to be a growing desire to return to the "tried and proven" wider limb crossbows.
Just some food for thought.
This is because we got old. Now I want as slow as they go and easy cocking. Nothing better than shooting 3D and people saying "look at that arch." :D