FOR THOSE WHO EXCAL CB HUNT IN T.P.R. OF NEW YORK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

FOR THOSE WHO EXCAL CB HUNT IN T.P.R. OF NEW YORK

Post by amythntr »

.....having purchased a nice parcel of land in T.P.R. of NY my intent is to not only rifle hunt but to also CB hunt on the property....NYS has an archaic law of a 200lb draw weight maximum.....obviously, substantially all Excalibur CB's are well above this maximum. I know I could get a wide body older model....I'm 5x5 and really do not want a 5x5 crossbow no matter how great they are.

.....I do not want to put anyone on the spot wit a response, so you can respond in a PM if need be.....

.....the question is, "How do you handle this archaic law?" "Do you just ignore it?" "What CB do you actually use in NYS?"

.....Again, if you want, just PM me with your response and I will also share what I have been told!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Re: FOR THOSE WHO EXCAL CB HUNT IN T.P.R. OF NEW YORK

Post by janesy »

I'm interested to hear some answer. Maybe some folks could tell us how their "friends" deal with said regulations
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have an acquaintance that lives upstate NY and illegally hunts with a Micro 330. He does visit here on occasion, but the rules are what you read. They are firmly based on compound crossbows. He got nowhere in his attempts to logic to the ridiculous rules. Be careful Anthony and make some friends up there. Call their DNR as well to see if there might be amendments or another way to measure output that might satisfy the rule.

Good luck,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Little "manco" is not for sale!
Nothing wrong with hunting with a vixen either.
Actually l like the law it should be like 400fps instead of draw weight to get ride of the future space bows and keep archery a short distance challenge .....my useless 2cent opinion.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Anthony, you need an Offspring!😎 Or a sticker off of a Vixen to put on your bow of choice.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/68802.html

Totally Ridiculous. I can understand the minimum, but the maximum punishes recurve users. Until you get it sorted out, Paul's idea sounds great. :thumbup: I bet Joe has a drawer full of Vixen Badges. :lol: :lol: :lol: I would loan you my Vortex Anthony, no questions. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

Anthony, put a set of matrix limbs on your A360 and you'll have about the equivalent of a Matrix Cub.

Or.... Original Grizzly, GRZ2, and Matrix Sapphire were all 200 lb draw weight, correct?
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....i like the Vixen badge idea.....I'm gonna have Cousin Vinny 8) go up and have few words with those nice gentlemen at the NY DEC..... :silent:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Sell the land and move to Ohio.......but seriously in New York by reading the law a 17 “ minimum limb width and the 200 lbs maximum I don’t think there are a lot of choices out there even from other companies. I don’t think Tenpoint here in Ohio even makes one over 15” wide anymore.
I’d get some of these companies involved too maybe they could get some amendments filed and change the width and weight requirements.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

"Them little excalibur ovals on the stock are kinda interchangeable from one another " .....just saying that a stock could accidentally get mixed up with a faster bow.!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony I would presume that you're not a criminal. It's not worth the risk of getting charged with a felony. That said, laws are made to be changed, but should not broken. Until then, take the high road, even if you have to use a "lowly 200lb Exocet".

For the record, I've taken my largest white-tail to date using a 165lb Exocet. Actually, I've harvested more deer with my Exo-series CBs then my Matrix's and Micros combined. They are not as cumbersome as you would think, and personally I've gotten better accuracy using them.
Not to brag, but I've decapitated a grouse at 33 yards, and gave a "dirt nap" to a squirrel at approx. 52 yards with my old Exomag.

Unlike you did when I recommended the AXE 340, please trust me. I am not leading you astray, and I don't want to have to tell you "I told you so" once again.
Just some food for thought, before breaking the law.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

get on ebay and find yourself a 310 or Grizzly ;)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Anthony I would presume that you're not a criminal. It's not worth the risk of getting charged with a felony. That said, laws are made to be changed, but should not broken. Until then, take the high road, even if you have to use a "lowly 200lb Exocet".

For the record, I've taken my largest white-tail to date using a 165lb Exocet. Actually, I've harvested more deer with my Exo-series CBs then my Matrix's and Micros combined. They are not as cumbersome as you would think, and personally I've gotten better accuracy using them.
Not to brag, but I've decapitated a grouse at 33 yards, and gave a "dirt nap" to a squirrel at approx. 52 yards with my old Exomag.

Unlike you did when I recommended the AXE 340, please trust me. I am not leading you astray, and I don't want to have to tell you "I told you so" once again.
Just some food for thought, before breaking the law.
:eusa-pray:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....hypothetically and figuratively speaking of course.....should I break the law and use my offending current harem (Scorpyd could be used) , would I possibly meet many of you down below? :twisted: .....just asking! :mrgreen:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

One time last year l was tracking swamp buck that l shot the nite before and a conservation officer stopped
to check me... basically looked at my vixen as an arcaic piece of equipment because it didn't have wheels he ended up helping me track and we found the giant beast that ended his opinions of the ancient recurve crossbow.
Point of story is hunting on my own land l would forgeddabout it in short order.. they are not gonna pull a spec. Sheet from their vehicle about your crossbow choice if people can mess up statues in NY and burn 🔥 stuff down to the ground l really doubt they care about a nice Italian fellow out enjoying the woods.Anthony just don't let them put you in a covid riddled nursing home .