Re: How many broadheads?

Post by Bcxbow »

Boo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:13 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:03 pm

How many do you have Billy? :lol: gotta be a dozen by now.
I would put it closer to a hunters dozen which is at least 20 times the case load you showed Chris :crazy: :lol: . I have heads in containers that I haven't even looked at since 1980 (some still brand new in the package) but I'm still in search of "the perfect broadhead". I never throw one away because they all have a story of either what went right............or wrong. Another bad habit of mine is that I never buy just one package on my first order :crazy:

DH
Don't feel bad because you still have time to catch up. :lol:
Billy, you are not alone. I can't help but want a better broadhead and I want to see and shoot a broadhead before hunting with it. So far I am super happy with Swat broadheads. I do own a crazy number of different broadheads and its almost embarrassing.
And I'm not ashamed in the least Don. BTW I have some Swat MOAB's arriving Monday to be put to the test. :crazy: :wave:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

The MOAB is impressive!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Driftless hunter

Post by Driftless hunter »

I think my younger brother has use Thunderheads for 30+ years. He doesn't change things much. I think he would still own/use his first compound bow, but his first one split in half on him. That was an all wooden Browning compound. The wooden riser snapped in two when he pulled it back for the first time one season. He was lucky he didn't get hurt! That may explain why Browning no longer sells compounds? HIs second bow was a Xi. That bow was stolen from his car in his driveway. I think he would be still using that bow, even though that company is long gone! He used his insurance money from that incident to buy his current Hoyt, but that was easily over 20 years ago. I can't even tell you what model it is? He still kills deer like the rest of us!

I shot 3-blade Muzzy broadheads for decades. I started using Slick Trick Viper Tricks a few years ago. They are easy to resharpen with a small sharpening stone, & I love how well they penetrate. I almost feel they shoot better than field points, but that's with my compound.

When I started bowhunting, most guys shot Thunderhead or Muzzy broadheads. Times have surely changed. Heck, Rage became such a market powerhouse, they bought out Muzzy.

I like simple, & I see an Excalibur crossbow in my future because of that. Future broadhead, however, that may be another story!
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Thunderheads and Muzzy was just about it back in the 80's... I was/am a Muzzy guy. Killed my first deer (and many many more) with a Muzzy. Heck I still like them... hard to beat the 100 grain three blade!!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:56 pm
The MOAB is impressive!
Hope to try it out a week from today!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have found "most" of the popular mechanical broadheads to pretty much match my fieldpoints at hunting ranges ...that's the beauty of the things. It's a different story with the fixed.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I am in the same boat as everybody else. I would be embarrassed to tell how many broadheads I have. I am always experimenting.

My wife lumps it all together and just says I own to much "hunting crap".
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:56 pm
Normous wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:56 pm
The MOAB is impressive!
Hope to try it out a week from today!
Is that the day you guys head off to "Bear Camp"???
Lucky Dogs!!! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Andy, we leave this Saturday and have cell cam activity on all 6 barrel sites we set recently.

I might add that this hunt starts off my retirement after 33 years making Powertrain Engines at FoMoCo.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm
Andy, we leave this Saturday and have cell cam activity on all 6 barrel sites we set recently.

I might add that this hunt starts off my retirement after 33 years making Powertrain Engines at FoMoCo.
Good luck, Norm and crew. Congrats on the retirement, Norm. Mine is a bit off yet, but getting closer.😁
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm

Hey Norm!!
Can't wait until I see the pics!! I know you guys are going to have a blast!!
Have fun! Be SAFE!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

And Congrats on "pulling the pin"!! I know it was a long time coming!! You EARNED it!!!
Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!