Scope Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

diesel

Scope Question

Post by diesel »

I need some help. I've been to many Excalibur dealers in the area. None of them seem to have an Excalibur scope. They will not be getting them in till the end of May.
My question is. Is the Vari-Zone scope that much better than the MaxZone scope. Is it going to be worth the extra $30.00. I was hoping to look through both of them to see if there was much difference.
I have an Exocet 175 and right now my plan is to shoot about a 390 gr. bolt assy. and hunt whitetails. :roll:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I cant tell you about the max but I can say I like my vari-zone..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Digger

Post by Digger »

The varizone is well worth the extra money if you tend to use differnt weight bolts. Just adjust the speed ring and your back in the game.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

For the extra few dollars, the vari-zone blows the max out of the water. The more variables one can control the better!
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Digger wrote:The varizone is well worth the extra money if you tend to use differnt weight bolts. Just adjust the speed ring and your back in the game.

Digger
I concur with what Digger posted, I used a max at 1'st, on my exomag, then went to the varizone, much more flexibility in the varizone :)

IMO, just looking thru them I wouldn't expect you to see a lot of difference, if any at all:wink:

leo
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I bought mine last summer and liked it so much that i've talked a few of my buddies into using the Varizone. It wasn't hard to do after ther shot my Exocet. Its worth the few extra dollars.
maddog

Post by maddog »

The Varizone is by far superior due to its adjustment for each crosshair to be accurately on at 20, 30, 40 etc. yards. No other scope that I know of has that feature. Over the life of your equipment, the cost per year is minimal. Definitely buy the Varizone.
There should be no difference in the quality of the optics.
Bill
diesel

Post by diesel »

Thanks so much to you all. I will go with the Vari-zone scope. Just need to save some money.
Diesel