Tennessee Crossbow ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Tennessee Crossbow ?

Post by PRB »

First a special thanks to Woody for all his help with all the information he provided through this process.
It was proposed today that crossbows be legalized during archery season.
There is light at the end of the tunnel 8)
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntseasonchg.html
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ALL RIGHT!!

Don't give up your vigilance.

The "bowhutners" will be out in force to stop this..

Show up at the meeting and present FACTUAL evidence pro-crossbow.

Stay away from negatism against the bowhunters.

My fingers are crossed and if you need anything else just holler.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:D Looks good PRB, won't be to long a wait too see. I think it will pass. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

8) It may not happen for the upcoming season. There sure are a lot of bowhunters in this state that are agains't it. But it will happen,. We are surrounded by states that allow it. Most bowhunters here will not even consider an xbowhunter as a real bowhunter. It is no big deal to me personally, as I'm an older bowhunter with a permit. This will be my first full season with an xbow.
They just can not believe the accuracy of a excalibur, nor the clean kill opportunity they provide compared to compound or traditional bows.
Most here consider it being pushed for it's market value onlyI believe.
Going on 66 in June, I could just not pull my Darton last season for the first time ever after sitting in the cold for three hours.
I love it, may never hunt with a MZ, shotgun, or a rifle ever again.
Now waiting on my rangefinder to arrive. :D
PRB

Post by PRB »

Woody Williams wrote:ALL RIGHT!!

Don't give up your vigilance.

Stay away from negatism against the bowhunters.

My fingers are crossed and if you need anything else just holler.
Thanks Woody.
Yea the bow hunters already in force. I was told about 2000 strong. I hope there anticipated numbers don't influence too strongly.
I talk to the man that presented the crossbow during archery season and he said that there are some strong positives this year that was presented to the commission from reading documented facts of information gathered from some study/results from surrounding states that have already legalized crossbows.
I dont know if Ill be able to attend but he did tell me that on our hunting guide is a list of some people that are on the commission. He said that it would help a lot to make a phone call to them and voice my opinion. I think I can handle that. Im going to get the wife to pick me up a copy of the guide when she drives into town either today or tomorrow.
GaryL Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good PRB, won't be to long a wait too see. I think it will pass.

Thanks Gary.
I hope your right. I hope it does pass.
curmudgeon Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may not happen for the upcoming season. There sure are a lot of bowhunters in this state that are against it. But it will happen,. We are surrounded by states that allow it. Most bowhunters here will not even consider an xbowhunter as a real bowhunter. It is no big deal to me personally, as I'm an older bowhunter with a permit. This will be my first full season with an xbow.
They just can not believe the accuracy of a excalibur, nor the clean kill opportunity they provide compared to compound or traditional bows.
Most here consider it being pushed for it's market value onlyI believe.
Going on 66 in June, I could just not pull my Darton last season for the first time ever after sitting in the cold for three hours.
I love it, may never hunt with a MZ, shotgun, or a rifle ever again.
Now waiting on my rangefinder to arrive.
Thanks curmudgeon.
I couldn't agree more with all that you said.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
BUCKSHOT

All right

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Go get em' Piney!
We wish you good fortune in getting a season! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

There sure are a lot of bowhunters in this state that are against it. But it will happen
I feel it will happen also.

Here in Georgia we were one of the 1'st to defeat bigotry and selfishness from a very vocal group of bow hunters.

One of the strongest ally's we had was the approval of our DNR. for the use of crossbows in our bow season.

Although our opposition was vocal, mostly on line, their message was, for the most part, obviously hateful and selfish and an lame attempt to retain the use of state resources for a select few.

I hope Y'all succeed on the 1'st try, but IMO it will happen as there is just no good reason why crossbows can't be used in the archery season.

Great advice WW..

"Don't give up your vigilance.

Stay away from negatism against the bowhunters."

leo