how is the trigger pull on the excailburs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doubledrop

how is the trigger pull on the excailburs

Post by doubledrop »

i'm still lookin for my first xbow and want to get as much info as i can whats the trigger pull like on excaliburs anyone have pull weights or smoothness is there any creep or is it a good crisp trigger thanks for any input
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

While the Excal triggers do not compare to most of my rifle triggers ( they are custom "adjustable") the beat any of my rifles with factory triggers :D

When, a couple of years ago, I compared the excal triggers to the other top of the line crossbows I found that the Excals had the best trigger, it was crisp and @ 2.5 to 3 lbs pull :mrgreen:

leo
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Leo, the trigger pull is one of the best features of the Excal. Light and crisp with little creep. Much better than most rifle triggers being made today (& designed by lawyers :( ). One of the jobs I do most as a gunsmith is improve/replace triggers on new rifles.
I can tell you that I didn't know anything about xbows til a couple years ago when I had to give up my vertical bow and started looking for the best crossbow. These guys here know their X-bow stuff & many have been through a bunch of different brands. Go with the excal. you'll be happy with it. I see you're from GA. Check with Gable Sporting Goods.
Greg
Oops, I was thinking Leo was the original poster.... nevermind Leo :lol:
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Oops, I was thinking Leo was the original poster.... nevermind Leo
No problem brayhaven :D , No I'm not the "origional poster", they are a few that signed on here before I did :lol:

Not the oldest either, close but not quite :wink:

leo
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

A little creep in my new Exocet but very manageable and better than the 10 point and hortons that I tested.

F
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

my exomag has a very crisp trigger...touch it and the arrow is gone.----STEEL
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Best triggers out there are on Excaliburs. As part of general maintenance, WD40 your triggers. It should get rid of any creep. If it doesn't, you can have them adjusted. A word of caution: Don't play with trigger adjustments on your own unless you truly know what you are doing.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Galgo i like my trigger on my ten point just as much as my excalibur and there adjustable which makes it real nice!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Ya maybe I should have tried adjusting it. Didn't even know it was adjustble at the time. Just figured that's what you got with a cross bow.

F
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

All mine are good with the exception of the Exomax, I find it to be very hard to get a smooth release with it. I should send it in and have it checked out, but keep thinking it will get smoother with use....so far NOT :!: :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My 8) Maggie is real sweet she lets her fly with out any probs at all...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

I was doing some searching tonight on triggers on our excaliburs and there wasn't to much on adjustment that I was able to find other than this post. I am playing with a new bow and doing some indoor target shooting right now and would like to get the trigger a little lighter. Has anyone actually adjusted the triggers on there own rather than maybe having excalibur do it back at the shop?

RyanB
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

My mate who owns a Horton with 175 lb pull (cannot remember model) has recently had a shot with my Vixen and was very impressed with the trigger in comparison, general overall performance and simplicity.
We are now in the process of get him an Excalibur... what does that tell you :wink:
Its just a little harder and more expensive to get them into New Zealand but we will get him one :D
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

You by any chance haven't been talking to George Wagner at the Bow Shop in Waterloo, Ontario about getting two of the Relayer 25's have you??? I was talking to him yesterday and said two of his 17 he has ordered might be going down under!

I was going to order one my self but I think I might get into a custom build of my own instead...same amount of money in the end and it would probably mean a bit more to me than the limited edition model. Thats my reason for asking about the triggers on these bows

RyanB

Downunder wrote:My mate who owns a Horton with 175 lb pull (cannot remember model) has recently had a shot with my Vixen and was very impressed with the trigger in comparison, general overall performance and simplicity.
We are now in the process of get him an Excalibur... what does that tell you :wink:
Its just a little harder and more expensive to get them into New Zealand but we will get him one :D
bj

Post by bj »

[quote="RyanB"]You by any chance haven't been talking to George Wagner at the Bow Shop in Waterloo, Ontario about getting two of the Relayer 25's have you??? I was talking to him yesterday and said two of his 17 he has ordered might be going down under!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like George had a great year...way to go !...

Wayne...