Tennessee.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Tennessee.....

Post by Woody Williams »

I just heard from down in Tennessee that crossbows have been approved for archery season..

Details later...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

KEWL!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

That is great news for the boys from Tennessee. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Woody Williams

TWRC Votes to Legalize Crossbows in All Seasons

Post by Woody Williams »

TWRC Votes Against Deer Limit Change

TWRC Votes to Legalize Crossbows in All Seasons

by Richard Simms
posted May 19, 2005

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission has rejected an effort to revise the bag limit for deer in Tennessee.

There is a statewide limit of three bucks. However only two of those bucks can be taken during any one season (archery, muzzleloader or gun).

TWRA Staff recommended to the Commission that the regulation be revised, allowing all three bucks to be taken during any one season.

Some public polls indicated support for the change, however several hunters appeared before the Commission Thursday objecting to the change. Many supported quality deer management and felt current regulations have done a great deal to improve the quantity and quality of Tennessee's buck harvest. They feared changing the bag limit regulation would slow that progress.

Commissioners apparently agreed, voting down the measure. Tennessee deer bag limits will remain the same.

However in other action, the TWRC voted to allow the use of crossbows in Tennessee. For two years crossbows have been allowed during muzzleloader and firearm seasons, but NOT during the regular archery season (except for handicapped hunters).

However that will change, and now anyone will be allowed to use a crossbow during any Tennessee deer season. All crossbow hunters will have to possess an archery season permit, regardless of which season.

TWRA biologists have said that evidence from other states shows that there will no increase in the deer harvest as the result of legalizing crossbows.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Thats good news, and getting closer to home. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Great !!!!! another state get's with the program, lets hope they all get on the band wagon soon , A good loby with lots of input from sportsmen sure can make things happen GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

GREAT :D Fantastic news :D I just got the confirmation that I am being transferred from Virginia to Tennessee this June. Virginia just legalized the crossbow and now Tennessee 8)
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Great news, thanks for the heads up WW :D

It looks like another group of intolerent ones that are hung up on their own opinions, prejudices, and concerned chiefly with themselves, are gonna have to share the woods with other state hunters and can no longer dictate to them how they hunt and what they hunt with. :D :D

leo
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Beaver,

You'll love Tennessee...

Has Virginia established a set season for them yet??
Woody Williams

Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Woody

The bill went through the House, Senate, and was signed by the governor with an ER ammendment so fast, it outran the rest of the system. The printing of the regulations for 2005-2006, printing of the licenses, and the other housekeeping work including the public hearings are lagging behind. We don't know what the final seasons will be, but, rumor says they will probably have a crossbow endorsement on the archery license, for an extra $12.00 until they can get a crossbow license printed. What little feedback I have had from the public meetings and the online submissions is that the opposition is unusually small but those that do oppose are very vocal, in person or online.
PRB

Post by PRB »

Thank you all for your help and support. Thanks again for your help Woody. I was so glad to hear the news. Hey Woody, the guy that you and I was working with called me a couple of hours after it was voted on and passed. He said that there was three guys there to present they're case for bow hunting and in a couple of cases the commission actually asked them why they would be against the crossbow. The commission actual started to argue back with them. :wink: I was really glad that it all went well. I am sad for those people who think that something was taken away from them.
Thanks
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Pineyriverbuck wrote:Thank you all for your help and support. Thanks again for your help Woody. I was so glad to hear the news. Hey Woody, the guy that you and I was working with called me a couple of hours after it was voted on and passed. He said that there was three guys there to present they're case for bow hunting and in a couple of cases the commission actually asked them why they would be against the crossbow. The commission actual started to argue back with them. :wink: I was really glad that it all went well. I am sad for those people who think that something was taken away from them.
Thanks
That is great..

I guess the commission had some good information at hand to use to "argue back at them", eh? :wink:

The people that "think" they lost something will soon find out they didn't and they can still hunt the way that they used to only now with a different choice in archery gear.

I look to see a few more Tennesseeans to join her soon..
Woody Williams