My relitives in New Orleans

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

My relitives in New Orleans

Post by mdcrossbow »

My uncles scrimp boot made it and his sail boot his home was under 7' of water. My aunts home and my cusins homes [3] are all tooth picks now. My brother from Sarrasota is there now helping my uncle get some work done and I leave Saturday with my dad and a 40' camper to leave for him to have a place to stay while he rebuilds.
I spent allot of time at my uncles growing up. Working in the hospital {Tulane}as a candy stripper durring the summers, my uncle was the 1st to developed Oxigen theripy trainning and when I was in collage I would go down for semmister break and once in the military I took a mid-tour while in Korea for 30 days and hitched down there. I love the area and my relitives are great people. French Quarter is nice too. This will be a fast trip my wife can't handle the house and boys right now with starting up a new Sp.Ed. program and a middle school. She is stressed out and being gone for to long will only add to her stress. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Your in my prayers and keep safe.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Have a safe trip, and tell you family that were hit by the storm the rest of the country is praying (and sending help in any way we can) for their health & safety!
wabi
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I'm leaving Saturday evening after we have all our things ready. Thanks guys.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Take care Dave! God Bless!
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

My heart is definetly with you and your relatives. Take care Dave.

Grey Owl
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Glad to hear they were not hurt Dave.

My wife and I spent the 7 days prior to Katrina at Gulf Shores Alabama at the mouth of Mobile bay, leaving early Sunday the 28'th.

I returned Thursday the 1'st through Monday the 5'th, to remove plywood and help friends with their damages.

This area, Gulf Shores were Ivan came in, was not damaged seriously by Katrina and certainly not anywhere as bad as New Orleans and the Mississippi coast was.

Be careful and return safely.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Take care.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
BryanOney

Your Trip

Post by BryanOney »

Hope things go well for you down there.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Glad to hear everyone made it through safe Dave. Enjoy your trip down and good luck. As you know from my earlier post, my relatives made it through safe also but lost 4 homes. Alot of them are in Pensacola right now with other Family. Three of my cousins work for the power company in Pasacagoula Miss. where their homes were destroyed so they have some income at least from what I am hearing. I cant make it down but I put money in the mail on Saturday so they can at least clothe their young uns. Good Luck.
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

Dave,

God's speed and may He be with you and your's.
Shoot straight and know your target.
To good hunting and good friends!!
Rickey
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

Dave, you will be in my prayers. Be safe and careful. It looks as if the shrimp industry in New Orleans is going to have a rough time for the foreseeable future.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

All the best. My prayers will go to you and your family