Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Farmer wrote:I have seen many of these shows and seen some really poor hits and the shooter announcing they made a good / great hit or shot on the animal . it is amazing that some of those good hits were taken in broad daylight and the recovery is in complete darkness . The trophy will also be placed as not to show the poor shot placement .

Sad to say it is now all about the money.
samething here... come shots they said were good were gut shots.. Its all in the editing:)

but I will say Waddell is human like us all. He mad a shot which he thought he could and he's a hellova crack shot! He normally shoots 75 yards to make 50 look like 20. If anyone is confident about a 50 yard shot its him and my moneys on him to make it. He made a bad shot on this animal. We all make bad shots and take shots we shouldnt. Maybe he did shoot the animal 3-4 more times. It was edited out since i doubt anyone wants to see that. I had a experience sorta like that and im glad cameras werent around :P

but we are human and make mistakes... ive taken shots I wish i could take back :oops:
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

you are exactly right crazyfarmer,we have all been there and done that if you have done any hunting at all.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I also would agree with CF, if you can honestly say you have never made a bad decision or never made a bad shot on an animal than you have not taken too many. Not that I condone taking long shots but Waddell is one of the best archery shots I have ever seen and lesser shooter's make those shots and longer on larger game in open country regularly. I recently watched The Nuge make a 70+ yard shot on a nice bull. I personally do not feel confident or comfortable taking a 50 yard or longer shot at a Whitetail. Although I practice out too 60 yards with broadheads regularly and can consistantly drop'em within a 4"-5" circle, so a larger target like a nice bull elk or bull moose in open country standing broadside and relaxed at 50 yards I think I would have a hard time passing up the shot. But that's just me
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
afd34744

Post by afd34744 »

Michael is not the only one taking borderline unethical shots. I watched a Verses Country hunt with Mark Kayser a while back. He was on a mule deer hunt somewhere out west. The deer was bounding away from him and he took a Texas Heart shot. These guys are supposed to be ethical proffesional hunters but, I guess it's all about making money for the sponsers.
Right or wrong it's just my two cents.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i will be up front and admit i have had some shots with a rifle and made good hit but lost the deer. one comes to mind of a small Buck i shot at 20 yds with an 06. i shot twice more and hit each time cause he went down and got back up. he got off into a 7 acre lake and went down on me. skim ice on lake its in the 20's i am barefooted and just a tshirt on no boat and the lake is over 30' deep over at the dam side where he went under. :cry:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

Sad but true Isn't it.. 35 40 yards has always been my personal limit with a bow.. I'm sure any of the big names wouldn't let their pets walk round with a half fatal wound or suffering from somthing else that was beyond their control.. They would put would that pet down fast and painlessly .. So does it make it right because it's a wild animal and they need ratings.. That sucks..Image
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...