Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

10 pointer that had a 19 1/2" spread.

35 forum points

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Great buck Woody!!!

Kenton, I have decided to score this guy as a doe also. Please add 22 points to team unclenightlove's total. Thanks

A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

[quote="LV2HNT"]Great buck Woody!!!

Kenton, I have decided to score this guy as a doe also. Please add 22 points to team unclenightlove's total. Thanks

now thats pure confidence!!!! :shock:
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Probably a little more stupid than confident. I am confident that I can get a higher scoring buck, if my luck holds out. I know of atleast three right now but anything can happen. I just figure that if I am going to be in it to win it that I need to get a top scoring buck to even come close to you guys and team VA. Plus I am sure that we will start seeing some real monsters coming from the big buck hotspots like Canada, the midwest, Ohio, Texas, etc so I will have to get a buck of a lifetime by Virginia standards to even come close to them. It probably won't happen, but I will have a ton of fun trying and I don't have anything to lose since this is all just for fun anyways.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i'd consider mounting him.. love the mass and how the rack almost touches!

you sure you dont wanna score him as a buck;)

congrats man...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Claiming this small Buck as Doe before the 2 weeks get by. Taken with ML and this makes my 3rd & another 22 pts. for team Whitetail Whackers!

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

that pretty much keeps us from winning LOL.. unless our 3rd teammate submitts something we will max out at 167 :oops: 167 isnt bad for 6 deer I guess :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I didn't read the rules real well, the 2 weeks deal set me back. I lost the first 3 deer i got early. Was looking to get a bigger one with Miss Vixen and the Doe's also. Doe's stayed too far out most of the time. Now i am down to 5 days left with CB for Doe's so i figured i would claim the last 3 i got in past 13 days.
Half Bubble Off BD360

flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

[quote="smokepolehall"]Claiming this small Buck as Doe before the 2 weeks get by. Taken with ML and this makes my 3rd & another 22 pts. for team Whitetail Whackers!
quote]
how many deer are you trying to score?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

3 deer, were allowed 3 by the rules. I've taken 6, By law here in Tn. Unit L i can take over 300 deer, yup thats right 300!
Half Bubble Off BD360

flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I was only talking about the contest rule of 3 deer. We to can take 2 deer per day for 6 months. sorry now I see your post on the 2 week rule.
jay
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hi Kenton please score this as 35 points for Eastern Bambi Whackers. He has 8 pts, 15 5/8" spread and was taken with my Exomax.
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/ ... 007027.jpg[/img][/img]
Thanks
Fletch
rutman

Post by rutman »

Here my gun buck for the S/W predators Kenton.

Sorry about the mess in the pic.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Team Florida Underdogs strike again, times two.
I'll try to keep it short.I'm a little excited.
I left Sunday evening after church and drove the four hours to flbuckmasters house. I arrived to late to hunt so I lust hung out with Jay and his friend (and now mine) David.Jay was a very gracious host and treated me like a king.This guy does more in one day than I do all week needless to say I was very impressed and inspired to realize that while I had a kidney transplant it is just a bump in the road compaired to what some people deal with everyday.
The next day we left for our Alabama hunt.
We were all in the woods a little to late so the morning was unproductive and cold @ 24 so we met up and had some lunch and went bact to it after a little warm up and rest. I went back to my same spot which was two opposing ridges with a nice hardwood bottom I hunted high in the AM but decided to set up lower off the ridge this time.I was just set up on the ground turkey hunting style.
About an hour after I got set up I heard something walking up the other side of the ridge behind me,it came over but didn't hang around and I couldnt get turned around to see what it was (lots of yotes out there)
So I made another move to remedy that situation and still keep the wind in my favor (it was swirling around in that bottom)About an hour before last light I hear movement and this time it is to my left (bad for a leftie)I waited what seemed like an hour and slowly turned my head to see what it was,it was a four point so I started my move to get my body around.
Now,one lesson I learned real quick is to move the dead leaver from your set up before sitting down.well,guess what happened?BUSTED!!!!!!!!!
The buck ran from fourty yards to 85 yards and still to my left,interestingly enough Jay and I were talking the night before about him having to take off handed shots so it came to me (SHOOT RIGHT HANDED DUMB @$$) So I pulled up the T?C Encore in 50 cal waited for him to calm down and move another foot,when he did I finaly found the scope with my eye,got comfortable and fired,BOOM,white smoke everywhere so I waited till I could see and there was his tail sticking straight up and it slowly went down to the ground.HE WAS DOWN.
I reloaded and gathered my gear to get my deer.I got to him and thought (Jay wont be here till after dark so I'll keep hunting)Smart move on my part.I took some pictures while it was still light enough.
So I'm sitting there right beside my buck and low and behold across the bottom and part way up the opposing ridge is a nice fat doe that has no idea that I'm in the world.This time I get to shoot lefthanded.
The light in the scope is very dim but I could see good enough so I fired and then it went dark.
The boy's came about a half hour later and we got the buck to the truck and then I went and found the doe.Two deer in two hours,when it rains it pours.Ok,now to the part you want,the pictures.

Scored as a doe 20 points with muzzleloader 2 points = 22

And here is the doe

20 + 2 = 22
44 total on these two

My Buck

25 + 44 = 69 (so far)
Last edited by saxman on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Some thoughts about this process.

1.) I hunt for the enjoyment of hunting. This includes taking cull bucks, does etc.
2.) I am not sure the teams promote herd health and good management.
3.) If I hunt for a score for the team the type of deer I take may be very different than what I would shoot for the health of the herd.
4.) Friendly competition is good as long as the goal of the competition is clear.

Perhaps we should rethink the score allocation and put more points on does and less on bucks. This is especially true and helpful in certain areas of Ontario where overpopulation is becoming an issue. Let's change the scoring.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur